Welcome to
Lawler Elementary
Memphis City Schools

Lawler school was built in 1911 by the incorporated city of Binghamton, under an agreement with Shelby county by which the county was to furnish the teaching personnel and maintain it as a high school. The inscription on the front of the building still reads "Lawler High School." In 1915 the county school board converted it into a grammar school. High school students from the district were sent to Central High and their tuition paid by the county. Four years later, Binghamton was annexed (1 December 1919) to Memphis and Lawler became a city grammar school.


Visitors:16726

 

 

06-Jul-2019